Saturday, May 11, 2013

Two Years

I can't believe that it's been two years already. I remember it like it was yesterday but I suppose something that monumental is hard to forget. Everyday I still feel stronger and am amazed at how well I am feeling.

This past year has been quite a whirlwind. I fell in love, traveled to Italy, Colorado and fulfilled my life long dream of going to the Olympics in London. This year I plan on slowing down and getting a bit more grounded. I'm hoping to find a job soon and I'm looking forward to beginning the next chapter of my life.


The 2013 Hrt4Bryan Team
18 Annual Donor Dash
A few weeks ago, I participated in the Annual Donor Dash in Philadelphia with so many of my friends. I successfully completed my first 5k and I'm not going to lie, it was really hard. I'm so proud to have accomplished it and I cannot wait to do it again next year. Team Hrt4Bryan had 16 members this year and we raised over $6500! Even Reagan participated in the fun and did the 3k walk. A huge thank you to everyone who donated to me, my team, and my teammates. The money goes to such a great cause, The Gift of Life Donor Program. In total, the event raised more than $415,000.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me from the start of this, more than two and a half years ago (nine if you count my first bypass in 2004) and I look forward to your continued support in the future. I would not have made it through with out you.

Thanks again,
Bryan

1 comment: