Friday, April 8, 2011

Hrt4Bryan Happy Hour & Other News

First let me start by saying that everything went well yesterday with the right heart cath and I have the SWAN in my neck again. My doctors have been playing with my medications and put me on a new one called Dopamine which bumped me up to a status 1A (Yay!). The SWAN can be kept in for one week and then they have to switch it to the other side of my neck where it can stay for another week. After that, I will have used up my 14 continuous days at 1A status that the SWAN provides and would then be given a "24 hour break" after which, the SWAN would be put back in. It's a little confusing but they seem optimistic that a new heart will become available before that but we will see. Be sure to "Like" the Hrt4Bryan Facebook page for all the latest and most up to date info as to what's going on during my stay here at HUP.


Now on to the fun stuff! A good family friend of ours, Chuck Molinaro, has planned a benefit in order to raise money for the travel and medical expenses that come with the transplant. The details are as followed:



When: 
Thursday, May 5th
3pm - 7pm

Where:
O’Neil’s Restaurant & Pub
706 Bloomfield Avenue
Verona, NJ 07044

Cost:
$30 per person
Includes Beer, Wine, Soda & Appetizers


Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door. To purchase in advance please contact Chuck Molinaro (973-202-4842), Paul McDevitt (201-247-1707), Len Waterman or George Zehnder. If you cannot attend but would still like to donate, e-mail hrt4bryan@gmail.com for information on how to contribute.

I have 2 direct donation blood tags available to anyone who is O Negative and would like to do a direct blood donation for me. Just shoot me an email and I will get the tags to you ASAP! I was also featured on The Gift of Life Donor Programs blog as part of the series "We We Dash" to promote the upcoming Donor Dash and just in case they haven't done enough already, Smiths Detection is having a Pampered Chef Party in which you can order online  from now through June 6th. A percentage of the proceeds will benefit my travel and medical expenses. If you have any questions about how to participate, you can e-mail Ellyn Minor at Smiths Detection.

Thank you again to everyone for all of your love and support.
-Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment