Thursday, March 24, 2011

No News is Good News. I Guess...

Sorry I've been MIA the past couple of weeks. I haven't really had anything new to report so just take it as no news is good news. I have though, been keeping busy. Well, busy for me anyway.


Last week Vicky and I went to a taping of The Nate Burkus Show which was a lot of fun. Since I'm sitting at home most of the time I thought he may be able to give me a few tips on how to easily (and cheaply) redecorate things around the house. The show was about how to deal with major life changes which one would think I would be able to take something away from it but it was mostly about this couple who found out they were having quadruplets. A few days before they had sent an email to audience members asking if anyone had any major life changes that Nate could help with. I responded but I think my story was just a little too deep for his show. I guess I'm more of an Oprah or Dr. Oz show type of story. After the taping we headed to Midtown and met up with our friend Karen for dinner. The morning had been cold and raining but by 4:30 the sun was out and it was beautiful out so I decided I would try to walk the 20 or so blocks. It took a little over an hour with me having to stop to rest but I did much better than I thought I would.


Later in the week Vicky and I had lunch and then spent the afternoon shopping in Montclair. It was gorgeous out! It felt good to get out of the house and be in warm weather. Saturday I went out to dinner for Karen and Nicole's birthdays (Karen's is the 19th and Nicole's is on the 20th so they have a combined party). We ate at Charrito's in Weehawken so we had a great view of the "Super Moon" as it rose over NYC then headed into Hoboken to celebrate some more at The Village PourHouse. A good time was had by all.


The new logo I designed
for Hrt4Bryan.
This past week has been pretty low key. I finally got CS5 up and running on my computer so I've been playing around with that and created a logo for Hrt4Bryan. Hopefully, Hrt4Bryan will be up and running as true nonprofit soon. I was also contacted by The Gift of Life Donor Program to participate in their "Why We Dash" blog to promote their Dash for Organ & Tissue Donor Awareness (which 2 of my friends are participating in so please support them!). I will be the first participant in the series and the blog is scheduled to go live on Monday, which also coincides with my 26th birthday! 


Speaking of my birthday, I will be making a few changes here on my blog on Monday so be sure to come back and check it out. Nothing major, just some spring cleaning I guess.  I will also be recapping my birthday celebrations from the weekend. My party is Saturday night at Just Jake's  and I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends, especially the ones coming up from Pennsylvania!


I will talk you all Monday and I hope you enjoy the changes I have in store!


-Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment