Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Check Up then Checking In

I had my 7 month check up this morning and I told my doctors of my increased fatigue, shortness of breath and just over all feeling like poop. They're recommendation was for me to have another right heart catheterization which is the same procedure I had a month ago. The only difference is this time they plan on leaving the SWAN in my neck and admitting me in order to up my status to 1A and get me a heart sooner rather than later. They had originally wanted me to have the procedure today but my Dad and I need to return home to get things in order there before I am admitted. My procedure is scheduled for tomorrow and then I will be admitted immediately afterwards.


This is happening very fast and I'm still trying to process it all. I know I have more time to get things in order than I would have had if the call came in the middle of the night but I am still slightly overwhelmed lol. I had expected another check-up that involved them telling me to hang in there and to just wait for my time time to come. Boy was I wrong!


Also, my Dad and I stopped at Monmouth University to pick up flyers (Thank you Copy Center for your fast turnaround!) for an upcoming benefit that some of my Dad's friends are holding for me. The "Hrt4Bryan Happy Hour" will be held on May 5th from 3pm-7pm at O'Neil's in Verona. I will post more details about this later in the week once I am settled in down at HUP.


I will let you know how things go tomorrow either here on my blog or on my Facebook page, Hrt4Bryan.


Thank you all for your support through all of this and it is good to finally start to see a light at the end of the tunnel!


-Bryan

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to be visiting you while you're there :) <3

    ReplyDelete