Friday, December 31, 2010

2010… Don’t Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out!


As 2010 comes to end, I can’t say that I’m particularly upset to see this year go. It started off promising enough but as the year continued it seemed to get worse and worse. It started with my car accident in the end of July and then just snowballed from there. Being put on the transplant list, getting hospitalized, losing my Mom, and not being able to drive my new car (my beautiful VW CC Sport that now sits in my driveway and taunts me) are just a few things that happened in the last 4 months of the year, making it the most difficult time of my life. I’m so grateful to have such a great family and group of friends to help me get through it. There is no way I could have gotten through these without you guys.

Although there were a lot of downs, there were some pretty good ups as well. My brother got married in May and I’m so happy to officially have her part of the family. Also, my friends Danielle and Pete got married in June. I was so happy to see them tie the knot! I also had a great trip down to Washington DC in July with the Petrullo’s. We were only there for four days but we saw so much! We even managed to get a tour of The White House which was so cool. I’m such a dork when it comes to that stuff. I also had a ton of great memories with my friends and was pleasantly surprised to have some come back into my life. I've made a little slide show (below) of some pictures of the past 12 months. I did it quickly so the transitions are a little boring but you get the idea... Enjoy!

I’m looking forward to 2011 being a year filled with triumphs. I hope I get my new heart soon. The TV show Grey’s Anatomy called New Years Eve “organ-palooza.” So as awful as it is to think about, there is chance I could get my heart in the near future. If not, I have a check-up down in Philly on January 11. I will let you all know how that goes.

I hope that all of you had a Merry Christmas and have a very Happy and Healthy New Year. Remember, life is short so continue to live each day to it’s fullest. Thanks again for all you guys have and continue to do for me.


2 comments:

  1. love your slide show shman ... in 2011 lets aim for more pictures of us...because then that means more time together!!! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm so happy to have such an awesome brother-in-law!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete