Tuesday, December 21, 2010

No New News...

Just finished with my check-up and everything is "good." I think that their definition of good differs from mine. Although I am not as tired as I was before Thanksgiving, I am more tired than I was right after they changed increased my Milrinone. They said that working a full week is probably why I'm increasingly tired by the end of they week and recommend that I decrease my hours to about four days a week. I will talk to Lauren tomorrow but I don't see it as being a problem.


I have another appointment on January 11th and then they say I will go to a true 4 week schedule. They want me to meet with the transplant psychologist so I have some kind of relationship with him. That will make it easier for him to see me in the hospital post transplant.


So that's pretty much all that is new. I've been listed for about four months now so hopefully I will get a heart soon. I wouldn't mind spending Christmas in the hospital if it was because I got a new heart. The doctors said that the average wait would be about six months but I still hope it comes sooner rather than later. As usual, I will keep you all posted if anything changes.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Bryan, from what little I know, it sounds like you are pretty much holding your own for now. I'm sure you are very frustrated, but it seems like the Drs. are working to have everything set for the BIG DAY. I'm truly hoping that you get your transplant very, very soon and you will start feeling better each day afterwards. You're probably tired of hearing it, but hang in there, not only for yourself but for all the friends and family that love and care about you. Just have faith that things will turn around soon. Wishing you all the best. Lou

    ReplyDelete